Sunday 7 December 2014

bpdos + hatter street bakehouse & cafe

  had to go cat high for bpdos ( British parliamentary debate opens ) yesterday and today. waking up at 6am yst just reminds me of school days. We were supposed to report at 8 but the whole debates only started at 9.30 so we hobo-ed in heels for THAT LONG and started stressing. Lynnette and I were the earliest like the organisers hadn't even set up the registration booth hahahahah so they asked us to go to the multi-purpose room to chill. Soon more and more teams came and they werE ALL wearing home clothes, while we suffered in invest us and high heels :-( the invest us made us look more professional but the heels were just no ( my heels weren't even very high to begin with but it was horrible?? )

  we were both anxious as hell bc the debate was done in a totally different style from world school debates, which meant good private debaters can sign up to be in this debate open, and there was only a 15-minute prep time (inclusive of FINDING AND WALKING to your respective classrooms to debate). And the motions were largely economic-based. :-( I overheard some adjudicator say that the debates were gonna revolve around econs and I was like hell N0. We preampted cooperatives and yes!! But the first debate was on unions and it was pretty shit.

  Firstly we prepped in the wrong class and the angmoh debaters were like oh yknow we're closing government not you guys, and we panicked but our classroom was upstairs and empty! We wandered arnd in HEELS and finally found the classroom which got relocated w/o us knowing. ;_; our opponents were HCJC, Singapore American school and VS and we ranked 3rd hahahah.

  Lunch @ J8 w juniors and then Lynnette left bc sick :-( second round with junior we ranked 3rd hahahaha and then we screwed up the 4th round's motion not kidding. So I had to recraft my whole speech 2 minutes before my sprech but lucky I prepared notes on cooperatives so it was alright. Because we screwed up we ranked 4th hahahahagaga. Left my shoes and bottle in the mpr lmao ;_;

  Today's round started at 1.30pm but there was a lot of extra time in between. We were allowed to wear sch uni yaaasssss. We were against 2 private debate teams and VS ( same team as first round's ) we ranked 2nd hehehehe ( ˘ ³˘)♥then there was this 45min or so break whereby it was hobo time and nic and I played charades ( social embarrassment nic yuPP ) while the juniors, Edwin and Mr Gwee just talked abt stuff. very awks hahahaha.

  nic and I went with the juniors and Mr Gwee to j8 aft that hahahaha actually not rlly bc we went to kovan while they went J8 but we had to walk to Bishan mrt anyway. It was so weird bc the juniors were just casually chatting w Mr Gwee and Nic and I were just talking to each other HAHAHAH and then we didn't even say bye bc we didn't even know we went separate ways.

  Hatters Street Bakehouse & Cafe was not very crowded yay so we ordered whoaffles and s'mores pie which were both rlly good I recommend the s'mores pie yessssssssss go.

  BPs weren't actually that scary it was pretty fun hahahaha tho I felt like pulling my hair out and wishing that day would never come and half-dying basically. Esp when the first round we were against jc students and those pro angmoh guys ;_; hahahaha but I wouldn't hesitate to go for such debates if I have to!!! Tho the prep time was wayy tOo little and at times I had like only 2 words on my paper and nothing much to say but to try and bullshit my way through ya HAHAHA but good experience. :-)  Thank you juniors and batchmates who came down to support love u !!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment